Full Perimeter Lace Wig Install Class:
Date- We will select the best date for both of us since it's a 1 on 1 course
Time- The time that best fit us
Hands on student Lace Install bring up to 2 models
Location- At my office, East Fort Worth, TX
What You'll Learn
- Front and Back Placement
- How to cut the lace
- How to use Lace Adhesive and Double Sided Lace Tape
- How to install the lace wig to last for 2 weeks or longer on some
- Consultation to find out if adhesive will work for the clients
- Proper Braid Down Method
- Bald Cap Method and when to use it
- Tinting the Lace - Tint lace to match client's skin
- Natural Baby Hair
- Proper Lace Removal Without Damaging Edges
- Pull Hair up in a High Ponytail the Same Day
- Plucking hairline
Bring With You
- Your models (up to 2). One must wait in the lobby until it's her turn.
- Liquid foundation to match your models
- Your lace wigs with you didn't pay for the Elite Kit
Bonus with Elite Kit
- Vendor List and How to source new vendors (Raw Hair, High Quality & Regular Virgin Hair, Burmese Hair, Bundles, Custom Bands and Bonnets etc.)
(Student can keep all items)
- One 18" Body Wave 13x4 HD Transparent Lace Front Wig #10633 or #11832 Elite Kit
- Vendor List Elite Kit
- Lace Adhesive 1.4 fl oz
- Lace Adhesive 1oz
- Double Sided Lace Tape Roll 1/2 x 3 yds
- Double Sided Curve Lace Tape Strips
- 91% Alcohol 16oz
- Cotton Balls
- makeup sponge
- Lace Tint Sticks (4 shades) Elite Kit
- lace Melting Spray 4.4 fl oz Elite Kit
- Got2Be Glued Blasting Spray 12 oz
- 2 Wig Caps (Light, Medium or Dark colors available)
- Edge Comb
- Rat tail comb
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- Elastic Melting Band
- Velcro Deluxe Mesh Wrap
- Towel to clean wig
- 30 day mentorship
- You can secure a spot by paying a non-refundable deposit. This will hold your space for the class. The balance is due two weeks prior to class. If not received by this date, your spot will be resold and deposit will be lost.
- All deposits are paid using CashApp, Zelle or Cash Only (no credit cards)
After Completion of the class
- You will receive 30 days of mentorship
- You will get hands-on training by Gwen Jones, but you will be actually installing a lace wig on your model. This will be a full perimeter install.
- We are more than happy for you to take pictures during the course.
- Building your business is always going to be an investment, but we guarantee the return will be within a few weeks.
- If you need to reschedule, please do so 14 days in advance or more before your scheduled class.
- Rescheduling 13 days or less before your class will result in you forfeiting your deposit.
- Only 1 reschedule allowed.
- Select the best date that fits your schedule
- This is a non-refundable service. You are allowed to reschedule 14 days before your class (1 reschedule allowed)
- Select the best date that fits your schedule
Information About Our Installs
Our lace wig installs cater to the ladies with busy lifestyles who want a neat, affordable, simple, long-lasting install, for those who do not have time to keep getting their lace wig reinstalled every few days or every week. We leave the baby hair looking natural, nothing dramatic.
You will learn how to install lace wigs around the perimeter front, back and especially around the ears is the most challenging part of the full perimeter install. Your installs will typically last two weeks or longer, depending on the individual. Your clients will be able to maintain their normal activity rather it's sweating from working out, working in a hot environment, dancing, swimming, etc.
Lace Wig Install Process takes 1 hour 30 - 45 minutes. It doesn't take long, and you will be able to charge $125 or more. If you incorporate plucking and styling, you can charge more, but you will spend more time on each client.
- Thoroughly clean edges with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Make sure the lace wig fits properly
- Apply a lace wig cap and mold it to protect your edges.
- Cut the lace and tint the lace to match the client's skin (bleaching knots are optional).
- Apply lace wig adhesive and/or tape around the perimeter
- Install the lace wig making sure the lace wig is secure
- If the lace wig is too big, we will do our best to make it fit
- After the lace wig is installed, we will take additional steps to blend the lace
- All lace wigs are pulled up in a high ponytail for the client to make sure the front and back are secure.
- Baby hair in the front is usually left natural or with wave designs.
If a student seems to be confrontational or rude or just not pleasant to do the course with, we have the right to refuse or discard service at any time.
Thanks for trusting Mrs. Gwen
Things to Inform Your Client Before They Leave
Installs typically last 2-3 weeks, depending on their body chemistry and if the lace wig is new or previously worn. The lace wig will be installed around the perimeter (front and back). New lace wig installs normally will stay attached longer. Previously worn lace wigs might not stay attached as long due to oils and sweat on the lace. The oil build-up is really hard to remove from the hair and lace, even after cleaning and washing the lace wig several times.
After Your Lace Wig Install
After you install the lace wig, thoroughly check the front and back to make sure the attachment is secure before leaving. Apply a head wrap around the perimeter for 30 mins after your installation.
Do not get your lace hairline wet for 2-3 days, and make sure you keep the edges tied down as much as possible for the first 2 days. Sleep with the head wrap every night, but especially the first 2 nights. If you start sweating, remove the wrap immediately because sweating and the head wrap will cause the lace wig to slide.
Although most people will expect a perfect install, that is impossible, there are times when the lace wig will prematurely lift or slide, and it's not always necessarily anything you, or your client did wrong. Also, keep in mind, that the lace wig is installed using an adhesive that holds the lace wig in place that is placed over the pores/skin of your outer hairline. Those pores contain sweat glands. Sweat or moisture will break down the adhesive. It's important for your client to keep extra adhesives on hand in case of emergencies and for minor touch-ups, just in case the adhesive doesn't adhere within the first two days.
You will not always be available every time an area lifts or doesn't adhere. Wearing a lace wig is a temporary style, it is not permanent. Some people sweat more than others, so your clients must consider this before getting a lace wig for vacation or in extremely hot climates. Recommend them to wear a lace wig for 2-3 months before vacationing so that they will know exactly how long their install will last.
Installs with Tape vs Installs With Glue Only
You may also offer installs with tape or installs without tape. Of course, the installs with tape last longer, normally 2 weeks or longer. Some client installs last up to 2 months. I don't recommend leaving it on for 1 month -2 months if you care anything about your edges because the tape is so strong it won't come off on its own. The tape will slowly slide back and because the hold is so tight it could slide back, taking the hair around your edges with it.
It's best to remove the wig every 2-3 weeks and get it reinstalled, after all, your edges are more important...right? The installs without the tape are better on the edges because after 5-14 days the glue will start to loosen and release the lace wig without pulling your hair around the edges.
Typically, the installs without tape last 7 - 14 days, but not longer than 14 days. Some clients are not fortunate enough to make it 7 days. I can't give you a definite time for this installation because everybody's chemicals are different, some people sweat more than others and or has oily skin.
If your client decides to get the installation without the tape then recommend them to book their next appointment 10 days from the date of your installation because once the wig starts to slide it will slide back without much warning. Do not wait 14 days because it might not hold. Save some embarrassment and schedule ahead.
If your life is busy and your funds are low, get the install with the tape.
Mrs. Gwen, owner of The Boss Hair, owner operated.