Lace Wig Appointment Booking & Install Policy
Lace Wig Install: $125 and Up
Or submit your details to request a callback from us to book for you if there isn't an appointment available to book!
Here's some great information to check out. Read thoroughly before booking me.General
New Customers and Returning Customers:
- $25 deposit is required before any appointment will be accepted.
- Payment options click here
- We specialize in full perimeter installs that last 1 - 3 weeks
- Installs take 1 hour 30-45 minutes
- We don't pluck or style lace wigs.
- We don't do lace wig installation on Sundays & Wednesdays.
- Furthermore, we don't have set hours, we work solely on appointments.
- Walk-ins aren't accepted.
- If you want to purchase a lace wig without and install call 817-966-6199, no appointment is required for lace wig purchases.
- Be mindful that no children or guests are allowed in the building, and we don't have a waiting area.
- Braiding hair before the lace wig install isn't included in the price
- Removing a lace wig is not included.
Lace Wig Preparation:
- Lace and hair must be new or clean (no oils, conditioners)
- Failure to bring a clean wig will result in additional fees.
- Cleaning the lace wig is not included in the install fee.
- Removing a lace wig is not included in the install fee
- All deposits are paid using CashApp, Zelle, or PayPal.
- The remaining balance will be collected on the day of your appointment. We accept all payments including credit cards in person.
- All deposits are non-refundable. Your appointment can be rescheduled 48 hours in advance.
- If you don't contact us 48 hours in advance you lose your deposit and must pay another deposit to rebook.
- You will receive a reminder 3 days before your appointment.
- This is the best time to reschedule to avoid losing your deposit.
- If you need to reschedule, text 817-966-6199. Do not reply to any other number because I won't receive your reply.
- Max grace period 20 mins: If this window is missed, your appointment will be canceled as a no-show.
- If you are running late, the 20-min grace period still applies, regardless of the reason.
- If you need to cancel/reschedule, please do so 48 hours in advance or more before your appointment.
- Cancellation / Rescheduling 47 hours or less before your appointment will result in you being charged 50% of the total cost before another appointment will be accepted.
- Same Day Cancellation and No Shows will result in you being charged 100% of the service booked and banned from booking future appointments,
- Only 1 reschedule is allowed 48 hours prior.
- Appointments rescheduled more than once will be canceled and a new deposit will be required before rebooking.
- Appointments are non-transferable. This means you cannot pass along your appointment if you no longer want it.
We cater to the ladies with busy lifestyles who want a neat, affordable, simple, long-lasting install, those who do not have time to keep getting their lace wig reinstalled every few days or every week.
We install lace wigs around the perimeter (front and back). Our installations typically last two weeks or longer, depending on the individual. You’re able to maintain your normal activity rather it's sweating from working out, working in a hot environment, dancing, swimming, etc.
Lace Wig Install Process takes 1 hour 30 - 45 minutes
- Thoroughly clean edges with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Make sure the lace wig fits properly
- Apply a lace wig cap and mold it to protect your edges.
- Cut the lace and tint the lace to match the client's skin.
- Apply lace wig adhesive and/or tape around the perimeter
- Install the lace wig making sure the lace wig is secure
- If the lace wig is too big, we will do our best to make it fit
- After the lace wig is installed, we will take additional steps to blend the lace
- All lace wigs are pulled up in a high ponytail for the client to make sure the front and back are secure.
- Baby hair in the front is usually left natural or with wave designs.
If a client seems to be confrontational or rude or just not pleasant to do business with, we have the right to refuse or discard service at any time.
Thanks for trusting Mrs. Gwen
Additional Helpful Information
Shampoo & Condition Lace Wig Service
Must drop it off, 14 days turn around $60-$80 due at the time of drop off. Soft & Silky Hair Treatment included. Same day service available *exceptions apply.
Installs typically last 2-3 weeks, depending on your body chemistry and if the lace wig is new or previously worn. The lace wig will be installed around the perimeter (front and back). New lace wig installs normally will stay attached longer. Previously worn lace wigs might not stay attached as long due to oils and sweat on the lace. The oil build-up is really hard to remove from the hair and lace even after cleaning and washing the lace wig several times.
After Your Lace Wig Install
After receiving your installation, thoroughly check the front and back to make sure the attachment is secure before leaving. Apply a head wrap around the perimeter for 30 mins after your installation.
Do not get your lace hairline wet for 2-3 days, and make sure you keep the edges tied down as much as possible for the first 2 days. Sleep with the head wrap every night, but especially the first 2 nights. If you start sweating, remove the wrap immediately because sweating and the head wrap will cause the lace wig to slide.
Although most people seem to think I perfectly install lace wigs on every install. This is not true, there are times when the lace wig will prematurely lift or slide, and it's not always necessarily anything you, or I did wrong. Also, keep in mind, that the lace wig is installed using an adhesive that holds the lace wig in place that is placed over the pores/skin of your outer hairline. Those pores contain sweat glands. Sweat or moisture will break down the adhesive. It's important to keep extra adhesives on hand in case of emergencies and for minor touch-ups, just in case the adhesive doesn't adhere within the first two days.
The Boss Hair will not always be available every time an area lifts or doesn't adhere. Wearing a lace wig is a temporary style, it is not permanent. Some people sweat more than others, so consider this before getting a lace wig for vacation or in extremely hot climates. I recommend wearing a lace wig for 2-3 months before vacationing so that you will know exactly how long your installs last.
Installs with Tape vs Installs With Glue Only
We also offer installs with tape or installs without tape. Of course, the installs with tape last longer, normally 2 weeks or longer. Some client installs last up to 2 months. I don't recommend leaving it on for 1 month -2 months if you care anything about your edges because the tape is so strong it won't come off on its own. The tape will slowly slide back and because the hold is so tight it could slide back, taking the hair around your edges with it.
It's best to remove the wig every 2-3 weeks and get it reinstalled, after all, your edges are more important...right? The installs without the tape are better on the edges because after 5-14 days the glue will start to loosen and release the lace wig without pulling your hair around the edges.
Typically, the installs without tape last 7 - 14 days, but not longer than 14 days. Some clients are not fortunate enough to make it 7 days. I can't give you a definite time for this installation because everybody's chemicals are different, some people sweat more than others and or has oily skin.
If you decide to get the installation without the tape then I recommend that you book your next appointment 10 days from the date of your installation because once the wig starts to slide it will slide back without much warning. Do not wait 14 days because it might not hold. Save yourself some embarrassment and schedule ahead.
If your life is busy and your funds are low, get the install with the tape.
Mrs. Gwen owner of The Boss Hair, owner operated.